As of June 2021:
We will not be requiring mask wearing in our worship service. This change is due to CDC guidelines and updated Washington COVID safety protocols. The current safety protocols in Washington allow vaccinated individuals to attend worship services without masking or distancing. Non-vaccinated individuals are still expected to wear a mask and distance. When it comes to applying these guidelines, the Church Council does not feel comfortable requiring proof of vaccination at our services. We will be operating by an “honor system” and we ask attendees to respectfully consider the following guidelines:
- If you are fully vaccinated, you do not have to distance or wear a mask. You certainly may if you would like to.
- If you are not vaccinated, we ask you to please consider wearing a mask and distancing for the safety considerations outlined by the CDC and the state of Washington.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come to church, but instead tune in online or contact Pastor for a personal visit.
- When it comes to children ages 5-12, who are not yet eligible for vaccination, we are leaving decisions about masking and distancing to parents. We ask parents to be conscientious and mindful of both the well-being and personal choice of others in the congregation.
For the time being, we will continue with the current policies for:
- Seating in every other pew.
- No ushers handing out bulletins.
- No handshake greeting at the close of church.
- Receiving Communion via individual packets.
We are thankful to continue moving forward from the safety protocols of the COVID 19 pandemic. We pray that continued healing would progress in our community and nation.